The Commission aims to increase the awareness of the issues facing urban planning, construction and architecture among CODCR member cities.
To support these aims, the Commission will create a network of town planners, master planners, regional planners, architects, civil engineers and other professionals committed to improving the quality of life in the Danube Region cities.
- Sustainable development in different fields of sustainability in Danube Region’s cities and regions
- Attractive Danube Region’s cities
- Better quality of life in Danube Region’s cities
- Positive economic development by initiating dialogue between city residents, the private sector and the public sector
- Sustainable development in Danube Region’s cities and regions
- Planning and construction that reflects the socio-economic, cultural and political life of the cities is a tool to achieve these goals.
Commission Themes & Issues
The Urban Commission will approach a range of urban planning issues relating to both public and private domains.
Infrastructure and Commerce
- Inner city redevelopment
- Pedestrian-friendly city centers
- Better possibilities for public transportation
- New shopping centers and business areas
Life and Cultural Heritage
- Public space and its furniture
- Cultural heritage in planning
- City waterfronts
- Diversity of urban lifestyles
- New housing developments
- Renovation of residential areas, especially those built with concrete panels
- Redeveloping old ports, industrial, storage and military areas (so called brown field areas) for residential and commercial use
- Service facilities such as child day-care, schools and services for the elderly
- Parks and recreation areas
Technical Facilities and Transportation
- Energy management
- Water supply and waste water management
- Traffic systems and flows
- Road, street, square and marketplace planning
- Strategic planning
- Territorial planning
- Legislative issues